so today lets talk about topic “what is stress and how to overcome stress, anxiety and depression“?
What is Stress?
Stress is the type of mental pressure and response to a certain condition or situation. On the other word stress is an emotional pressure which is created when we feel under pressure, overloaded, everything is too much, can’t tolerate etc. Every condition gives a challenge or a threat is a stress. Stress can affect your mental and physical health also it shows difference in your behavior. But, not all stress is bad, why? Let’s explain.
Good or Bad stress- In the stress, your body is reacted by hormones. Your brain work unusually faster and your heart rate increase and you feel high by boost, basically your mind and body prepare to you for compete the challenge or tackle the complex situation. This reaction is natural and basic symptom of normal stress which is good. That type of stress is help you to act smart and quick in the time of emergency or prepare you for any competition or easily tackles your work load. But, too much stress is harmful and sign of bad. That type of stress can cause you emotional distress, mental illness and major medical issues.
Sign of Stress- Stress can affect your whole life- your behaviors, emotions, mental ability, also your physical health. Your immune system will become weak. But, stress sign can very because different person handle stress differently. Stress can be normal as miner headache or can be huge as cancer. There are so many symptom or sign of stress, some of it look like very normal or minor problem. But we cannot give them attention, it may cause serious issue. So, the list of symptoms are provide below-
So, the list of symptoms are provide below-
- Frequent headaches
- Other aches and pains
- Sleep disorder (insomnia or lack of sleep)
- Upset stomach (indigestion, diarrhea etc.)
- Anger and irritability
- Fatigue and dizziness
- Feeling moody and tearful
- Lack of confidence
- Feeling overwhelmed and out of control
- Difficult to concentrate
- High blood pressure
- Heart rate rise frequently
- Muscle become tense
- Memory problem
- Poor judgment
- Always negative thoughts
- Loneliness and isolation
- Chest pain
- Loss of sex interest
- Eating more or less
- Nervous Habits (nail biting, feet tapping etc.)
- Disorganized and confuse
- Difficulty to making decisions
- Obsessive or compulsive behavior
- Reduced work efficiency or productivity
- Frequent lies or excuses to cover up
- Rapidly decrease performance
- Stuttering or stammering
- Jaw clenching and gritting teeth
- Cold or sweaty hands and feet
- Difficulty to breathing
- Panic attacks
- Increase smoking, alcohol or drug use
- Excessive gambling or impulse buying
- Communication and sharing problem
- Excessive defensive behavior
- Always suspicious
Different Kinds of Stress-
Stress is differentiated into three kinds or type- acute stress, episodic acute stress, and chronic stress. Because of the deference, stress management is complicated and confusing in the process. But, each type of stress has different symptoms, characteristic, and duration. Also, these have a different type of medical approaches and treatment procedure.
Acute stress- Acute stress is the most common type of stress which experience by almost everyone. It is caused by daily demand or immediate reaction of challenges and pressure of a particular situation ( a deadline, a difficult challenge or a traumatic event etc.). Basically acute stress triggers your “fight or flight” action. There are some example we face daily life is cause this type of stress like a huge mistake at office, arguments with family, saw or face an accident (doesn’t harm but could be thought), or doing any adventures activity. Acute stress is normally come with thrill, excitement, little nervous before the action etc. But, some health issues cause by overloading this type of stress like psychological distress, tension, headaches, upset stomach etc. But, acute stress has short term results, so doesn’t much harm or damage for long time and It is highly treatable and manageable. The most common symptoms of acute stress are-
Emotional Distress- anger or irritability, anxiety and depression.
Muscular tension- A headache, back pain, jaw pain, ligament issues.
Stomach upset- acid stomach, heartburn, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation etc.
Episodic acute stress- When people experience acute stress frequently, this type of series known as “episodic acute stress”. This type of stress is usually seen in People who always feel disappointed, having crisis and chaos. Who always in a rush but always late. Who make self-inflicted, unrealistic or unreasonable demands and deal with too much stress to accomplish their goals or challenges. They are like, something going wrong in their live every time. Episodic acute personality is typically observed in people, which are overly competitive, aggressive, short-tempered, demanding, sometimes tense and hostile. Some other type of people observed with episodic acute stress, which feels that disaster is every time and everywhere, always think or forecast that situation going bad and complex in the future. They are always surrounded by negativity and work place is highly tense place for them. This type of people thinks that stress is the part of their live.
The symptoms of episodic acute stress are – Frequently having headache, migraines, hypertension, chest pain and heart disease.
Generally, treatment of episodic acute stress required professional help, it takes much time.
Chronic Stress- If acute stress is not resolved at that time an increase its level or episodic acute stress did not treat on the time and it passed from their level, it become “chronic stress”. This type of stress all goes bad it’s not thrilling or exciting like acute stress, but dangerous and unhealthy. And this is not a short phase and can’t just pass. Chronic stress harmful your body and life. It could dysfunction you brain permanent. This type of stress can cause by heavy trauma, never ending troubled, unacceptable drastic situations like traumatic experience, chronic illness, social conflict etc. These stressful situations seem to be unending, and the results of that can be life-threatening, and can even lead a person to resort to violence, suicide and self-harm. Serious illnesses like stroke, heart attack, cancer, and psychological problems such as clinical depression and post-traumatic disorder.
The symptoms of chronic stress are- dry mouth, difficulty in breathing, pounding heart, stomach ache, Sevier a headache, frequent urination, tightening of muscles, insomnia, frequent feelings of fatigue, depression attack etc.
How to Manage Stress?
Each person has different affects during stress. Some people have headache like migraine or upset stomach and some have insomnia (sleeping disorder) or get depressed and angry. Person, who stressed frequently, get sick a lot. Stress is actually a part of life, daily life problem never be stop and your life challenges like work, family, society etc. always have demands and increase regularly. “You can handle or manage the stress”, It seems like impossible. But, you can control it, more than you think. Stress management is describing the control on your emotions, feeling, health and your lifestyle; you can deal with problems positively by learning stress management.
The best answer to how to overcome stress, anxiety and depression question is to live a healthy lifestyle and stay healthy. If you or a loved one is feeling stressed for a long time, then give the attention and if necessary talk to your doctor. Many symptoms of stress can also be signs of other health problems. Your doctor can evaluate your symptoms and rule out other conditions. If stress is too overloaded and at risk line, your doctor can recommend a therapist or counselor to help you better handle your stress.
The importance of Stress Management- Everyone is living in high-level stressful life, these stress can cause harm your mental as well as physical health. Also, you may not live a healthy life, your thinking ability down which can affect your performance on work place and you are unable to enjoy your life and important events with family or friends.
If you learn how to overcome stress, you will be the in charge of your life. Stress management helps you handle or control stress in your life, so you be more productive on under pressure, also live happy and healthy life. But stress management can different for person to person. There are so many ways of stress management; some tips are given below-
The Ways to manage stress-
- Identify the sources of stress- The first step of stress management is identifying the sources of stress. This is not as easy as it like. Sometimes source of stress is different and stress appears on different time. We should have to analyze major source of stress in the life, Stress are coming many ways, but we need to find major one which influence every situation, which is more complicated. When we find the major one, it’s all too easy to overlook how your own thoughts, feelings, and behaviors contribute to your everyday stress levels. To identify your true sources of stress, look closely at your habits, attitude, and excuses or start writing and keep a stress journal, a stress journal can help you identify the regular stressors in your life and the way you deal with them. Each time you feel stressed, keep track of it in your journal then you will begin to see patterns and common facts.
- Leave unhealthy habits- When you are stressed, noticed your unhealthy habits (which are dangerous to your life or your love ones) for handle or avoid stress. Your stress journal can help you identify them. There are some unhealthy habits-
- Chain or frequent Smoking
- Drinking too much or daily
- Using pills or drugs
- Too much junk or comfort food
- Sleeping too much or less
- Avoid friends, family, and activities
- Taking out your stress on others
It is time to replace them with a healthy one. Neither single method works for everyone nor in every situation, so experiment with different techniques and strategies. Focus on what makes you feel calm and in control.
- Avoid unnecessary Stress- Try to avoid unnecessary stressful situation, you may be surprised by the number of stressors in your life that you can eliminate. How to avoid it, simple-
- Learn how to say “no”- We know your ability and limits, so stick with them. Whether in your personal or professional life, taking on more than you can handle is give you pain and more stress, which not good.
- Avoid them who stress you out- If someone consistently causes stress in your life, limit the amount of time you spend with that person, or end the relationship.
- Take control of your environment- which situation make you uncomfortable, tense, create anxiety avoid or shut them immediately like a news channel, crime shows, too much traffic etc.
- Analyze yourself- Analyze your life, daily task, responsibilities, and schedule. If you have too much, then analyze which is necessary, which not and drop unnecessary one.
- Accept the things you can’t change- Some situation you cannot change you have to move on or accept them, things has been always changing and you have to walk with them. Many things in life are beyond our control, don’t try to control or change them like- other person behavior, past, etc.
- Learn to live a healthy life- Analyze your daily life schedule and replace unhealthy habit to healthy on. Living a healthy lifestyle help you beat the stress, increase your ability. Take some step and learn how to live a healthy life-
- Get Moving- Daily exercise boost you energy and get ready for challenges. Its refresh your mind and help to control stress. Daily physical activity not even keeps you healthy and fit, also increase mental ability. So, do any physical activity or exercise, at least 30 minute in the morning. If necessary join group like. Laughter club, dance class, any game club etc.
- Join an activity- When you are stress think about an activity which makes you happy and relaxed, it may be indoor or outdoor like Chess, Carrom board, video games or dancing, swimming, running, Yog etc. and make them your anchor.
- Use Anti-stress toys- When you felt stress, use anti-stress toys. You can keep them at you home and work place. There so many anti-stress toys available on market some of them are really helpful.
|Fidget Cube Anti-stress Toy- Fidget Cube is a desk toy for anyone who likes to fidget. It’s simple. Fidget Cube has six sides; each side features something to fidget with: Glide, Click, Breathe, Roll, Flip, and Spin. The product promises you to keeps you calm, increase focus, attention. This toy is especially design for people who can’t keep their fingers still.
BUY NOW USABUY NOW INDIA
|Flipping Chain Fidget Toy- this toy is made from stainless steel split rings and chain links andthe silicone O-rings. This is useful for Autism, stress, anxiety, boredom etc. You just spin with your finger tips.
BUY NOW USABUY NOW INDIA
|Fidget Spinner- This is the hottest stress relieving toy in the market sold as toy for Autism, stress, anxiety and hyperactivity disorder. Fidget spinner is small, ball-bearing device that you can rotate between your fingers. The momentum of the toy provides a pleasing sensory experience. The product promises to help you reduced stress, anxiety, autism patient, time passing toy during boredom.
BUY NOW USABUY NOW INDIA
|Smiley face squeeze ball- This cute little smiley ball make smile on anyone face. By simply squeezing one could relieve all your stress, tension or frustration. This is Perfect stress buster, keep you calm and relaxed.
BUY NOW USABUY NOW INDIA
- Connect to others- There is nothing more calming than spending quality time with another human being who makes you feel safe and understood. Keep in mind that the people you talk to don’t have to be able to fix your stress. They simply need to be good listeners. And try not to let worries about looking weak or being a burden keeps you from opening up. The people who care about you will be flattered by your trust. It will only strengthen your bond. There are some tips for building relationships-
- Have lunch or coffee with a friend
- Meet new people by taking a class or joining a club
- Schedule a weekly dinner date and spend quality time with love one
- Help someone else by volunteering
- Go out with your colleagues and have some fun
- Go for a group walk
- Make time for relaxation- Having a busy and stressful daily routine, we need to “me” time. Some small fun plan and relaxing time can charge you for next battle. There are some tips –
- Do something for fun every day
- Keep your sense of humor
- Take a break time to time
- Do Meditation
Plan and take vacations for a longer period of time.
if you find those Stress, Depression, and anxiety in life again then remember this post about how to overcome stress and do follow above tips.
Hope you find These tips Helpful.